Friday, May 31, 2013

Strong female lead seeks employment, promising future

Hello there, promising young post-grad here with a recently-acquired Bachelor's of Arts and a whole great big future ahead of her. So, why am I home alone on a Friday night, watching a news story about "groin protectors," drinking a beer and posting on the internet? Good question! Let me tell you a little bit about myself, and maybe we'll come to the conclusion together.

I'm a 22 year old female, of sound mind and body (well, mostly), and as I said before, I just graduated from a large university in Southern California with a BA in English. I have a veritable bevy of pets whom I love very dearly. I have a boyfriend of nearly two years whom I also love very dearly. I live with my mom (woo-hoo!) and I am currently unemployed, the plague of many fellow So Cal college students and otherwise.

Things I love: BOOKS!, unsurprisingly. Grammar, also unsurprisingly, although I am often lax with it, and I won't bite your head off or judge you if you mess up. Seriously, that stereotype needs to stop. Animals, especially dogs, extra especially my dog. Warm, sunny weather. The beach. Alcohol, especially margaritas, but since I am poor, I drink a lot of Dos Equis and Corona instead of indulging in my beloved tequila masterpiece of a beverage. And by a lot, I mean one or two on the weekends occasionally. I am a fairly boring young person, at least in that regard. Talking about sex! I'm great fun at parties. Sports, especially football, most especially the San Diego Chargers. Don't bother making fun; I've heard it all. Oh, and the internet! Duh.

Things I hate: Intolerance! I mean, I tolerate it, because otherwise I would hate myself, right? But still. Shaving! Seriously hate it. Why do I even do it? Asparagus. Blue cheese.  Car accidents. Dumb commercials. Vacuuming (does anybody like vacuuming, though?). Unemployment. Applying for jobs. Oh, and puns. I HATE puns.

So that's a little bit about me. What can you expect to see here? Well, I'm not quite sure yet. I'll probably talk a lot about books. I'll definitely talk about sex. You might hear a lot about my dogs, who are currently barking WAY TOO LOUDLY IN MY EAR. Also my cats and such. I'm likely to complain about the job search and financial issues, because, duh, I'm a recent college graduate, of course I am in dire financial straits and need a job. What else? I don't know; how about you stick around and find out?

1 comment:

  1. I HATE SHAVING TOO. It is stupid. I had another thought I wanted to post a minute ago, but apparently I waited too long to start typing.

    ReplyDelete